Friday, April 15, 2011

New (old) fabric design - 2 Papercuts

I have been designing fabrics all along, just not posting about them. I just uploaded this design to Spoonflower about a week ago.

It's a new version of a papercut design, of which I just recently have been doing some new ones. But this one I did about 10 years ago, the first time I was doing this type of design, which is related to Hawaiian and Tahitian quilt designs, snowflakes, and Baltimore Album quilts. But my inspiration is often a tiny bit of a William Morris design.

This larger one, though, I designed in my head while walking to work, and when I got there, cut it out of a page-a-day calendar - the kind with graph paper on the back.

This layout has an interesting wavy effect, because I did the 2 elements in a slightly different size. Click on the title to see it as fabric.


Before Spoonflower, I never could do more with it than cut it out of colored origami paper and make a section divider page in my color theory class notebook. Now I can get fabric from it in any of a dozen or so colors I set up, and on several weights of fabric. And make something!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12/10/2011 8:45 PM, Blogger mucci blogging said...

Very nice. William Morris influence, surely. Nice touch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home