Wednesday, December 07, 2016

My silence is over.


My silence is over.

I never even put up a yard sign, because I didn't want to offend anyone in this formerly(!!) very conservative rural county. We might need something from the supervisors someday. (My mother said that over 30 years ago — her college room-mate always told her not to be a doormat.)

But I will not be complicit, even by silence in the take-over of my country by right-wing haters.


MyAmerica includes everybody. It is fair to everybody.


Have you heard? VP-elect pence's temporary neighbors are putting up Rainbow Flags.

This image is available now on t-shirts, posters, a luggage tag for my back pack, at Cafepress, but also soon as a Creative Commons licensed image for all to use.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12/08/2016 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, brava! Will order merch anon.

--Sharon Mitchell

 
At 12/14/2016 4:07 PM, Blogger MinaW said...

Thanks Sharon, good to hear from you.

It will be up at Cafepress soon, maybe this week. (No internet from home at the moment.) I want some too.

A commenter at Making Light wanted a flag 2.0 - when I saw that comment, I had no ideas...

 
At 12/17/2016 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bumper stickers would be nifty, too.

No home internet is barbaric and Wrong! May it be different for you soon. (Unless you actually prefer it that way, of course.)

--S.

 
At 12/22/2016 2:54 PM, Blogger MinaW said...

Bumper stickers, yes. But one of these looks a little lonely on a bumper sticker. I'll try putting 3 or 4 on, so they can be used together or cut apart. Coffee cups too, will be better with 2 flags.

Yeah, I hope someday soon on the connection from home. The one advantage is that when I am on the computer forever, it means I am usually making something, not playing following links down a rabbit hole.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home