Tuesday, October 17, 2006

This is a Tjap

This is a tjap — a copper stamp used for batik. Well, this is a recolored image of the stamp. It will make interesting fabric, but by itself it will make a great pattern on a t-shirt. A batik stamp is meant to be used with wax to keep a pattern light in color, while the rest of the fabric is immersion dyed for deep rich color. Here is a virtual batik of one layout of the pattern on fabric. I hope I get this tjap. If I do, I think a virtual print of it on a black tee will look good, and the virtual fabric design with a black background on the black-edged pillow. And real batik fabric, of course.

This is an example of a pattern which is beautiful and makes an interesting layout, but doesn't really have much visual texture variation.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 3:02 PM, Blogger MinaW said...

I got the tjap! So this design on t-shirts will be coming this weekend at the cafepress site. I think I'll have to order a black one myself to see how it looks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home