Sunday, September 28, 2008

Leaping Lizards

11-30-07
I always thought that was just an exclamation. Then last summer, waiting for the bus, I was taking some lizard pictures. And I was waiting for one to go by at ground level, when suddenly he was coming down the other tree, a foot away. He'd crossed in the air. I didn't see that, but I did see one jumping between rocks.

And I suddenly started noticing arboreal lizards, and lizards climbing the 2-story pillars on campus. And in the evenings after working at the campus library, flat lizards.

That is, lizards flattened against the sidewalks, not moving. After a brief encounter with a lizard of the opposite sex. I've one picture of both of them, flat on the same rock, after a picture of them together.

This little lizard came out beside me when I was sitting and eating my lunch on a planter at the college campus down in Rocklin last summer. Miss Muffet on her tuffet might come to mind, but actually I was thinking "Photo op!".

9-28-08
Right now it's the season for baby lizards. Several of them scurry aside from my path on my way down the hill to work every morning.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home