Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Another Cafepress print comparison

After Cafepress' recent announcement that Value tees will now only be heat transfer, I was reminded to publish another comparison of the results of the printing methods. This design, which I have shown before, I had printed both ways. The heat transfer, on the right, is brighter and clearer, and in this case, pretty true to the origninal colors, which can be seen at

I'm just disappointed because I had been experimenting with overdyeing my Cafepress direct print tees, and it was being fun and successful, and I liked value tees for it. I'm not sure yet if the technique will work for heat transfer.

Here is the image on a mug. I just put it on the scanner, then played with the colors a little in Photoshop to get them to look as close to the mug in my hand as I could. As with other images, it comes out bluer and darker on the mug. I have a lighter version I did for the black tee, so I'm going to switch images, I think.

Labels: ,


At 11/30/2006 6:35 PM, Anonymous Debra said...

The Value T-shirt will be done as a "HEAT TRANSFER" rather than Direct Print.

At 12/01/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger MinaW said...

Corrected, thanks.


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home