Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm really going to have to make some of these dresses

























Well, I really am. This project is finished now, and after making the pictures, and writing about these imaginary dresses (it's a publication design class, not fashion design), I am so invested in the idea I really do have to make some. Work out the patterns, at least. Prove that I can do something so flattering. Use some commercial batik fabric, at first. Make some lined reversible skirts and wrap tops. Get the dress patterns right. Then do some hand batik fabrics for them — or batik the dress just before sewing up the side seams.

In case it isn't legible, my glowing imaginary description reads:

Are You Looking for Something Unique?

Clothesline Compositions designs and creates one-of-a-kind & custom handpainted clothing. We use natural fabrics which are comfortable and washable, and hand-dye, batik, or hand dye-paint the fabric.

We specialize in designs which are timeless, classic and flattering rather than trendy. Our color palettes are unique, and repeatable for custom items.

Our clothes are cut to fit and flatter many different shapes, including larger sizes. They move as you move and are fun to wear. The sleeveless designs are especially good as dancing dresses in warm weather. Some of them are reminiscent of classic styles in old movies.

Our hand-painted and batik designs curl lovingly around your body, flattering and enhancing the feminine shape.

Wear a work of art, & add art to your life.


Do you wonder that I want some of these? Now that I have imagined them, I have to have them.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home